During the winter and summer seasons JEA customers usually see an uptick in their energy bill but there are ways customers can cut back on those elevated costs by learning a few tips on how to save money during these peak energy use seasons. Customers interested in learning some tips on energy conservation can visit jea.com/waystosave and review all of the resources shared at the site.
The Ways to Save site is very user-friendly and is categorized by topics depending on the type of information you are interested in learning. Below is a breakdown of some of the topics shared at the site:
- Home Energy Evaluation Kit Backpack Program – these kits are available at any Jacksonville Public Library which show JEA customers tips on how to lower their monthly energy bill
- Savings Coach – Television show that airs on Sunday mornings at 11:30am on CW17 – JEA representative shares tips and valuable information
- Savings by Room – How renovating your rooms or making upgrades can save you money
- Whole House – Renovating your home with the right insulation to keep your home as energy efficient as possible.
- Efficiency Evaluations – Do-It-Yourself Home Energy and Water Evaluation Kit
- Energy and Water IQ – Learn more about your energy usage technically including understanding your bill and energy terms
These are just a few energy saving topics that are discussed on the JEA Ways to Save webpage. If you are interested in having a specialist come to your home and provide an in-person review of your home’s energy efficiency you can call JEA and schedule a home visit. The visit would be very helpful and they can personally explain how your home can be improved to help you save money in the end.